Click here to get to the registration web page to attend.
Announcing the 2015 PMI Region 14 Leadership Conference “SPF14: Soaking in PMI’s Finest” Keynote Speaker!
Saturday, April 25th, at 9:00 a.m.
We are honored and thrilled to announce Captain David Marquet as our Keynote Speaker for 2015 PMI Region 14 Leadership Conference being held at the Tradewinds Resort in beautiful St. Pete Beach, Florida, on Saturday at 8:00 a.m.
Captain David Marquet imagines a world where everyone engages and contributes their full intellectual capacity, a place where people are healthier and happier because they have more control over their work–a place where everyone is a leader.
Captain Marquet is the author of Turn the Ship Around! A True Story of Turning Followers Into Leaders. Fortune magazine called the book the “best how-to manual anywhere for managers on delegating, training, and driving flawless execution.”
Creating Intent-Based Leadership organizations results in everyone engaging and contributing their full intellectual capacity. A place where people are healthier and happier because they have more control over their work – a place where everyone is a leader.
Intent-Based Leadership organizations create an environment for people to contribute so that they feel valued. They set clear goals so their people know how their role contributes and adds value. They push control and decision making down the organization so people take responsibility and rise to the occasion. They maintain unity of effort by ensuring the supporting pillars of technical competence and organizational clarity are in place.
As a result, they achieve:
· A highly effective organization with superior morale.
· The capacity for greatness in the people and practices of an organization, and remove it from the personality of leaders.
· An organizational culture that creates of additional leaders throughout every level of the organization.
Intent-Based Leadership starts with rejecting the idea that leadership is for the select few at the top and instead embracing in highly effective organizations, there are leaders at every level. This method of leadership is based on empowerment, not ego, and process, not personality.
1. Practical Empowerment: When we give our people more authority, we actually create more effective leaders.
2. Technical Competence: When we engage our minds in what we are doing, we perform with better results.
3. Organizational Clarity: When leaders set clear goals and people know how to do their jobs, we can take deliberate action.
Book & Workbook details, article, video, and social media links:
video sketch note of the book: what is leadership?
amazon: Turn the Ship Around!
sneak peek of newly released workbook:http://wp.me/p5yjin-5u